Google has its Webmaster Guidelines for penalizing those websites, resorting to “Black Hat SEO Techniques”. These penalties are based either on manual review or Search Algorithms of Google. It has a negative impact on your website and consequently on your business. You should be aware of different penalties that include, Panda, Penguin, Payday, Mobile-friendly, Pirate, Top Heavy, Spam, Unnatural Links and Thin Content. While trying to avoid any of the above penalties, as an seo company in india you should know in details about Panda.
It was first introduced in 2011 to decimate the traffic of a number of low-quality website. For the following three years, it ran once a month and presently runs few times a year. It is a double-edged sword which should be avoided by all means. Once it has penalized and debarred you from being ranked, you have to wait for a few months, till it reruns.
Google keeps a complete secret about the working of their algorithms. However, they provide a lot of support for manual penalties. Panda aims at penalizing websites with low quality contents. However, Google does not specify the criteria for determining low quality contents. But they provide the following questions for sorting out your issues with Web Master.
- Is the information of the article trustworthy?
- Is the article written by an expert or is shallow?
- Does the site hold similar redundant and overlapping articles, with slight changes?
- Would you be prepared to give credit card information to this site?
- Are there spelling, factual or stylistic flaws in the article?
- Are the topics aimed at creating genuine interest of readers or are aimed at gaining better ranking from search engines?
- Does the article contain originality of information, content, research analysis or reporting?
- Does the page have substantial values compared to other search results?
- How much control is exercised in maintaining quality?
- Does the article narrate both aspects of a matter?
- Is the site an established authority on its topic?
- Was there mass-production and mass circulation of the content to a wider area, or network so that due attention or care was not given to individual pages?
- Was the article well-edited or was produced hastily?
- Considering from health-related query, can the information from the site be fully trusted?
- If mentioned by name, can the site be recognized as an authoritative source?
The answers to these questions will be answered differently by different persons. Hence the SEO community analyzed the websites hit by Panda and concluded as below.
- The content was written poorly, maybe by spinning
- The content was too short to be of any reading value
- The contents were mostly duplicate; copied from another page
- There was no value added
Working of Panda Penalties
A site- wide modification factor is created by Google, with the quality of all pieces of content on the site and a certain threshold is determined. If any article falls below that threshold, the factor is applied to the site, by lowering the rankings of all the pages on the site. For one low quality content, the entire site is penalized. Hence, you should be too careful while opting for seo packages in india